Tuesday, February 22, 2011

World's Best City


Here in my Saint Rita of Cascia blog, I would like to share my trip to Paris France – one of the best times of my life. Last November 20, 2011, I got the chance to visit France on my way to Manila.

At first I was hesitant to pass by the city, much more stay there for five long days. But once I started with my tour of the city, my impression about it has totally changed.

As I always said, Paris is simply the best city in the world. Everything about it was magical. I was about to see the Eiffel Tower – an awesome sight to behold.

I also visited the Louvre Museum, where the famous Mona Lisa portrait can be seen. Of course, going there would not be complete without a day’s visit to the Disneyland Park.

I was also able to hear the mass at Notre Dame Cathedral, the ceremony of which was special because it was officiated by the Bishop of the City.

With the many Patron Saint Statues on the sides around the Cathedral, I decided to check if one of them was Saint Rita. Unfortunately, she was not one of them. I could have checked if there was a church in the city dedicated to her but I have no access to the internet.

By the way, I also got to visit the Church of St. Catherine de Laboure which is also located in the city proper. I was able to buy a few medallions and pamphlets of her novena.

Generally I have a great time at Paris. The few days I spent there were not enough for me to fully enjoy all that the city could offer.

5 comments:

pia said...

Thank you for this blog, it is well written, intelligent and informative. You are an excellent medium for spreading the good news about St Rita in this modern age. I like the personal touches on your blog too because they bring a sense of immediacy and readers can relate as they seek the help of the Saint of the Impossible.

I am currently praying a novena to her in time for her feast on May 22nd, please include me in your prayers and devotions as well.

aisha said...

Nice post, thanks for sharing this wonderful and useful information with us.
1999 Ford Escape AC Compressor

Anonymous said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Its great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

VW Phaeton Turbo

Anonymous said...

This is a better-quality article as they all are. I make fun of been wonder wide this an eye to some beat now. Its great to receive this info. You are fair and balanced.

VW Phaeton Turbo

Anonymous said...

ur blog is really nice and interesting, You have maintain it so beautifully that I truly like & enjoy it
Volkswagen Jetta Turbo