Monday, September 25, 2006

On Praying the Novena

How do you say your novena to your patron saint? I mean, do you say it over and over again, 9 day cycle after 9 day cycle?

In my case, there are times when I both say the novenas to Saint Rita of Cascia and the Miraculous Infant Jesus of Prague. And I even used to say both novenas endlessly, one novena period immediately after another.

I guess I tend to do this whenever I feel I need to ask for much help and intercession regarding one particular important intention or request.

In my opinion, incessant praying is one way of making your message across, that you really need the powerful intercession of whomever patron saint you are praying to.

Albeit I decided that for impossible and really difficult cases, I would say the novena to Saint Rita of Cascia. And for daily protection and requests, I say my prayers to the Infant Jesus of Prague.

Honestly, I do fee that it does not matter how frequent you say the novena of your personal saint. What matters is the sincerity and wholeheartedness of your act of prayer. Even a short prayer, if said with love and faith, will surely be heard.

No comments: