Saturday, October 13, 2007

My All-time Favorite Patron Saints

Saint Rita of Cascia – On top of my list of Patron Saints. Also known as the Patroness of Lost and impossible cases. Many of my requests and prayers were heard and granted by our Lord thru St. Rita’s intercession. Whenever I have a prayer intended for my mother, I always implore help and intercession from St. Rita. Did you know that she is also the Patron Saint of the sport baseball?

Another favorite of mine is St. Jude, not Iscariot, but Thaddaeus. A true and loyal friend and servant of Jesus Christ, he is known as the Patron of hopeless causes, just like St Rita. I pray the novena of St. Jude every Tuesday. His feast day is on two dates, June 19 and October 28. St Jude is also known as the Patron of Hospitals.

Infant Jesus of Prague – I am not sure if he falls under the category of saints; still, I pray the novena of Infant Jesus. One of the most famous statues of the Infant Jesus, he can be found at the Our Lady Victorious’ Church in Mala Strana of Prague. I say the novena of Infant Jesus because I believe that he is a powerful intercessor to the Lord. I have also read about the many miracles and favors such as healings of people who are serious devotees of the Infant.

St Peregrine – I chanced upon an old novena of Saint Peregrine, which tells about how he can help the sick get well. There were times when I had bouts with headache, and when I ask for help from St Peregrine to get rid of such pain, surely the headache does disappear. It is not surprising as Saint Peregrine is a miracle worker and also the Patron of Cancer victims and patients. I also pray to St Peregrine whenever I want someone dear to me who’s sick to get healed.

No comments: