Friday, August 25, 2006

My Personal Intercessors to the Lord

From time to time I come across in the internet amazing stories of miracles arising from one’s devotion to his or her Patron Saint (mine is Saint Rita of Cascia and Miraculous Infant Jesus of Prague).

A miracle, however great or insignificant, is a miracle coming from God, like a blessing given to us through the help and intercession of the saints.

How do you pray the novena of your saint?

In my case, this is how I pray to Saint Rita of Cascia or the Miraculous Infant Jesus of Prague. Whenever I request or pray for my intentions, I fervently say the novena over and over until my prayers are heard. Or sometimes I just say the novena without any particular request being mentioned, except the usual expression of gratitude.

But most of the time I mention an intention, or even several ones. Very common requests such as having safe days ahead, or good health for myself and the family, or financial provisions.

Some are heard with positive results – others, well perhaps what I am praying for may not really be for my good.

Still, I am thankful that Saint Rita of Cascia and Infant Jesus of Prague are my “hardworking” intercessors to God.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I have received great help by praying to St. Rita. When I prayed to her for intercession on my behalf regarding financial problems, within a month I began receiving writing assignments from a local magazine.

St. Rita has also been my intercessor on behalf of some personal problems recently and I continue to pray, asking her to intercede with regard to those same issues.