Tuesday, June 06, 2006

On Saint Rita of Cascia's Novena and Medals

I have always been a strong devotee of Saint Rita of Cascia. I regularly say the novena of Saint Rita. I fully believe in her - and her commitment to devotees as a special intercessor to the Lord. Whenever an intention of mine is granted (and believe me – my intentions that were granted are many) by the Lord, I attribute the speedy result to Saint Rita of Cascia’s intercession.

Fortunate are those who can go the Italy and visit the major Churches and basilicas there, such as the Saint Peter’s Basilica. Or even Saint Rita’s Church at Cascia, also at Italy. If I am given the chance to visit these places, the first thing that I would try to look for and purchase are Saint Rita of Cascia novena booklet, souvenirs and medals. I wish to express my gratitude for Saint Rita’s intercession by letting known the favors that I received from her. And by distributing Saint Rita of Cascia medals and novena is a great way of doing this.

Saint medals are especially nice to send as gift, they have the embossed picture and name of the saint. It is just like a locket with a picture of your loved one which you would like to look at every so often. Wearing such medals is one way of honoring and respecting your patron saint. In return, wearing it gives you the assurance of the saint’s solid friendship, protection, and her assurance of powerful intercession to the Lord.

In Israel, I had the chance to go to Bethlehem for the 2005 Christmas Mass. Sadly, the bad weather (heavy rains) did not give me the chance to stop by the catholic souvenir store. Maybe this year, I will be able to go again there for the Christmas Mass. And this time I will make sure that I would be able to get for myself some Saint Rita of Cascia medals and novena booklets – for myself and everyone dear to me.

No comments: