Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Being Devoted to Saint Rita of Cascia: Is It Okay?

Why are many Catholics devotees to saints?

Does it make sense that while the Holy Bible clearly states that “Jesus is the Only Way, Truth and Life”, still many pray to the saints for intersession to the Lord God.

Does this mean Catholics recognize the saints as another means of communicating and praying and sending forth intentions to God?

I myself am a devotee to Saint Rita of Cascia, and have been regularly saying her novena. I also publish her novena and other information about her through this site as a way of keeping my promise for all the intentions granted. And all my prayers heard by the Lord through her intercession.

Would my being a devotee to Saint Rita of Cascia mean that I am sinning since as a devout Catholic myself, I do recognize Jesus as the Only Way to the Father?

Personally, I am careful about this – so I always declare that saints for me are like true friends whom one can count on.

Saints are not to be worshipped. Respect is more that they deserve. I believe they are more like messengers to God, helping us get our prayers and intentions across to Him.

Saints for me are like Jesus’ assistants when it comes to sending messages to the Lord.

For me, it is okay to be a devotee to Saint Rita of Cascia - she has been a wonderful messenger for me to the Lord, and many of my prayers have been heard and granted so far – through her help and in Jesus’ name.

No comments: