Tuesday, July 04, 2006

On a Growing Saint Rita of Cascia and Miracles

I have heard of a story about a Filipino owner whose clay image of Saint Rita of Cascia, the Patroness of the Hopeless and Impossible Cases, growing slowly but steadily.

The image was a little over a foot tall, but the owner noticed that image was growing in size.

He took the measuring tape, and checked for the image’s length. Indeed, his Saint Rita of Cascia statue (which he got from a trip to Italy) has grown – and added at least two more inches.

What is more surprising for him is that along with the miracle of the growing statue, he seemed to have received the gift of healing. And this gift he has begun to heal the sick people in his hometown.

And he have been very vocal in saying that because of his prayers to Saint Rita of Cascia and his desire to help the poor, he was blessed by the Lord with the ability to heal.

I have heard about similar miracles stories like this. And often time I do not know how to take such stories. More often than not, I take it with a grain of salt but always with an open mind.

In these modern times, miracles that are religious in nature are often met with indifference and doubt.

Nonetheless, let us be reminded that Saints exists because of miracles. And these miracles are examined, verified and confirmed by the concerned authorities. Which means that miracles do exist and are recognized by the Church, even in these times of skepticism.

1 comment:

tp said...

I too believe in St. Rita and believe that she answered my prayer... I continue to pray to her and even though I sometimes stray I still feel in my heart that she can answer my prayers...