Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saint Rita of Cascia Novena: Another Version

The novena to a particular saint or patron varies as there may be several versions of the prayer of the novena. There may be the complete version, or it can be changed into a shortened one. But then, in most versions, the essense of the novena as a prayer honoring a particular saint remains.

Like in my case, I received a novena to Saint Rita of Cascia by email (this is how I was introduced to her). It was quite different in words when a compared it other version - and much shorter. Probably the sender wishes to publish a much easier to pray version of her novena.

And I wish to publish it here for everyone to appreciate:

Novena to Saint Rita of Cascia

O Lady Saint of the needy, Saint Rita
whose whispers are always heard by God
and who because of your generosity in granting intentions
is called the Patroness of the Hopeless Cases.

Help me in my petition and prayers
show me your power with the Lord,
and help me through your powerful intercession
that God hear me and grant my petition
in Jesus' name.

I promise that if God grants my petition
through your intersession, Saint Rita of Cascia,
I will praise your blessedness
and make known to everyone your help.

Before the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
I pray that you may grant (say your request).

as soon as God deems it fit. Amen

(This short novena must be prayed fervently for 9 consecutive days. Do remember to publish this prayer to Saint Rita of Cascia if your petition is fullfilled and granted.)

1 comment:

Trusting said...

I prayed the other novena to St. Rita and she truly answered my prayers. My father was on his death bed at the hospital and the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him, my parents were sacred of loosing their how since my dad couldn't work and the medical bills were growing and my sister was in a bad place. St. Rita helped intervene, my dad is healthier than ever, my parents are still living in their house and my sister is seeking help. Thank you St. Rita!

Here is the NOVENA TO SAINT RITA,
PATRONESS OF IMPOSSIBLE CASES :
O holy patroness of those in need, St. Rita,
whose pleadings before thy Divine Lord
are almost irresistible,
who for thy lavishness in granting favours
hast been called the Advocate of the hopeless
and even of the impossible;
St. Rita, so humble, so pure,
so mortified, so patient
and of such compassionate love
for thy Crucified Jesus
that thou couldst obtain from Him
whatsoever thou askest,
on account of which all confidently
have recourse to thee expecting,
if not always relief,
at least comfort;
be propitious to our petition,
showing thy power with God
on behalf of thy suppliant;
be lavish to us,
as thou hast been in so many wonderful cases,
for the greater glory of God,
for the spreading of thine own devotion,
and for the consolation of those
who trust in thee.

We promise, if our petition is granted,
to glorify thee by making known thy favour,
to bless and sing thy praises forever.
Relying then upon thy merits and power
before the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
we pray thee grant that...

(Make your request here...)

as soon as God deems fit.

Amen